Saturday, January 29, 2011

Greenhouse and Seed Order

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything so I figured I would give an update on the farm. I placed my seed order last week and am anxiously awaiting its arrival! I can't wait to start seeing things grow. I would love to list all of the wonderful things that I ordered, but there are just too many, so I'll just mention a few: Lucious Sweet Corn, Winter Density Lettuce, Bull's Blood Beets, Cherokee Purple Heirloom Tomatoes, and Cortland Onions. Once I start sewing things in the greenhouse, I will give a play by play of what's being planted.

Speaking of the greenhouse, my Dad and I started construction this morning. It is going to be 14' X 24' and the heat will be provided by a woodburning stove that we were able to salvage from the basement of our house. We hope to get the plastic on by the end of the day tomorrow and have all the odds and ends finished up by the time the seeds start arriving! Stay tuned for pictures and updates on the greenhouse and all of the new veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment